Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rude Doctors at tube replacement

So my tube came out once again so once again we rushed to Riley hospital to have it changed. Where once we got down to IR we saw the doctor that's always down there who yesterday was a mr. grumpy pants which made him rude. He gave me to understand that this is the last time he is going to replace my tube with a button if my tube falls out again it is going to have to be a long PEG tube that is stitched in or they are going to have to do another surgery to separate me tubes. He also said that I should be able to do the change while being awake because he does this change on little kids who are awake all the time, and that the tube change doesn't hurt and even if it did I should take any pain killers I should just pray that the pain goes away. This all had me so upset that I was crying by the time the doctor left the room and child life walked in where she instantly went into work mode calming me down. After the change I was glad to be out of that building and leaving the rude doctors behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment