Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Not Tolerating My Feeds

Recently I have been having issues tolerating my feeds that go through my J-tube into my intestines. Meaning that as I run feeds there are side effects being caused, mine being sever nausea and belly pain. Because of this for the past week or so I have only been able to run two out of the six cans of formula that I need to run in a twenty-four hour day at a rate of 50 mls per hour rather than 60, and then for the rest of the time I have been running pedialyte at a rate of 30 mls per hour, in order to remain hydrated and keep up my electrolytes. But after waiting for days on the dietitian to call us back she finally called yesterday. She decided to change my formula form Isosource HN to Peptamin AF
So far the change in formula hasn't made a difference I am still having increased nausea and pain with my feeds but I have a few more days of the sample formula that dietitian gave us so I am going to continue running it for those days and hopefully that time I start tolerating it better. If not either I am going to have to change formulas again or the doctors are going to have to add a a fourth nausea medicine to my already lengthy list of medications.   

No comments:

Post a Comment