Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Wish

I have a wish to meet Ellen DeGeneres. Now the most obvious way to make this wish to come true is to contact The Make a Wish Foundation. Sadly in my cause making my wish come true isn't that easy. I have no diagnosis, so Make a Wish won't grant me a wish because a doctor won't sign a paper saying in it's current state my illness is life threatening. So my family and I have decided to try and make my wish come true on our own. This means raising quite a bit of money as well as contacting Ellen and trying to get her to hear my story and agree to actually meet me. Both of these feats aren't going to be easy. My mom and I have decided to make kool aid stands at our local parks, but doing this isn't easy with me being sick. Most of the summer has gone by without us being able to host a single kool aid stand. Another way we are wanting to raise money is by selling bracelets that I make, but once again with me being sick it is a slow process, I have only made four bracelets so far and it's going to take a lot more than four to pay for a trip to California. Then you have the actually meeting Ellen part, somehow I have to get her attention and have her say she would be willing to meet me. I know she has met other kids with illnesses on her show but I have no clue how they got to meet her. I have already submitted my "My Health Story" video to her twitter page but so far I haven't heard anything back from her. So to me it seems like we are going to have a long road ahead of us just to make one big wish come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment